Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The begining.

Okay so as you all probably know...

Clayton and I went to high school together. We had all the same friends hung out at all the same places and yet somehow we never met. Until November of this last year.

You have to understand when I met Clayton, he had a giant beard. I couldn't see any of skin except his beautiful blue eyes. I wondered at that moment what does he looked like under all that hair. He has such pretty eyes.
A few months later due to a tragic job loss, I got to find out, he had shaved, I did not even know it was the same person. I asked Julia who is that new guy with Chris? Well it was Clayton and he was cute. Julia and I had a few words about how different he looked and that was pretty much it.
A few weeks later, January 18th, I was in charge of a mingle at the ward and just before cleaning up, Clayton sat with me and we started talking about random stuff. He thought I had a crush on Chris so he was trying to get me to say I did but that wasn't the case.

Clayton asked "So do you like any of the guys in this ward?"

And I did, So I said "I like a few guys in this ward. Some are in this room." At this time I had no idea he thought I liked Chris and when he asked if I liked anyone I thought he was refering to himself, and that started it. That got me thinking, wow you are kind of cute, that was the begining.
After we talked a few minutes longer, it was cleanup time. Clayton and Chris stuck around to help, We continued chatting. On our way out we stood in the hall and talked about another 20 min. before I had to offer my number to Clayton since he was to oblivious to ask. Then we parted our seperate ways.

Within a couple of hours he called me to ask if I'd go to ward prayer, with him and Chris. Even though I had other plans I was intrerested with this new possibility. I met them over at Chris's and we all rode together.

At ward prayer, which just happened to be at Julia's new home, Clayton and I found ourselves a cozy spot on the coach and didn't move the entire night. I was trying to break the ice so I asked if they wanted to come watch a movie at my house. Well, Clayton at that point realized it was not Chris I was interested and he said sure. Then he immediatly assumed that I only invited him over not them.
The rest is history, we have been together almost every day since only missing a few because of vacations, and other few events, before we were serious. Our first date was the next day at the Cheesecake Factory and things have gone great and fast ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment