Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Proposal

Lake Powell July 20th-26th.

Clayton and I went to Lake Powell with my Mom's family. It was a good turn out pretty much everyone from my family. There was about 30 people the whole time. Kind of a crowded right?

On our house boat we had a fun little paddle boat, Clayton and I decided to take this out the first night and chat and be alone. It was sunset and it was beautiful, so amazing. We made this a nightly tradition. On the 24th of July a (Friday night) we took the paddle boat a different way and we found a pretty little sandy beach. We parked the boat and got out. I was hunting for sea shells when he stopped and hugged me then all of a sudden he was down on his knees asking me to marry him. With the sun setting in the background how could you refuse. It was wonderful. I am so happy.

To support the story before we took the boat Clayton tried to ask my Dad's permission alone and just as he started J showed up then Bry showed up and Jason (Aubrey's Fiance). They got to interrogate the poor boy before my Dad said it was okay. Poor Clayton...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie!!! I am so excited that you have a blog! Now we can see what each other are up to and keep in touch another way! I am also excited to read and see the upcoming stuff to your wedding! We have our tickets and we are so excited to come! I loved reading the story of you two and can tell that you are so happy! That makes me so happy!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete